Since 1997, our church has partnered with In His Steps Ministries in Canton, MS to send a group on a short term mission trip there every July. Volunteers spend a week in Canton putting on a Vacation Bible School program for local kids and assisting with construction or home improvement projects for families in need.
This year’s trip will be July 6th through the 16th. If you are interested in volunteering, please send us a message and someone will get in touch with you soon.
Mississippi Meeting Schedule:
- April 8: Kick-Off/Informational Meeting – 6:30pm in the Mezzanine
- May 6: First Team Meeting (all forms due) – 6:30 in the Mezzanine
- May 20: Team Meeting – 6:30 in the Mezzanine
- June 3: Team Meeting – 6:30 in the Mezzanine
- June 17: Father’s Day Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser
- 8:15 AM- 9:15 AM in the Parish Hall!
- July 1: Team Meeting – 6:30 in the Mezzanine
- July 5: Van Packing Day and Family BBQ at the Smiths – 5:00pm
- July 6: Departure from O’Maley Middle School – 4:30am
Application, information, and permission forms for the trip can be found below:
Application for New Attendees Mississippi Mission Project
Application for Returning Attendees Mississippi Mission Project
Information and Expectations
Consent and release
In His Steps Ministries
IHS is a Christian, non-profit organization serving Madison County and surrounding communities. IHS desires to use innovative and specialized ministries to impact the lives of people for the glory of Jesus Christ. Given this desire, IHS sees its present mission as providing Christ-centered ministries to at-risk children, juvenile offenders, and their families. At the same time, IHS provides short-term mission opportunities for Christian individuals and churches carried out in close partnership with the local churches.
- Intervention Ministry – Outreach to incarcerated youth and their families
- Prevention Ministry – Holistic outreach to children in order to ensure success (S.P.A.S.E. program encourages Spiritual, Physical, Academic, Social and Emotional development)
- Family Ministry – Christ-centered family services (counseling, workshops, conferences, etc)
- Sports Ministry – Innovative evangelistic sports programs, mentoring and weekly team devotionals for middle and high school athletes
- Compassionate Services – Bringing churches in the area together to serve the physical and spiritual needs of the community
- Short-term Missions – Partnering with churches throughout the U.S. to help IHS in its ministries